Monday, April 11, 2016

Shopping Spree

Children, gather around and listen as I tell you the tale of a place, a magical place, where all your shopping desires and consumerism dreams come true:

THE BAZAAR

This (huge) market is located in the center of Sulaymaniyah and, I kid you not, has EVERYTHING. "What do I mean by that?" Oh let me break it down for you.

FOOD 
Food, glorious foooood!
Nuts on nuts, scrumptious nuts, big nuts, small nuts, salty nuts, colorful nuts, they're just nuts for nuts! Oh and don't get me started on the bread fresh out the oven. You also have  juice bars, veggie chariots, tea stands, candy stations. Heck, you even have live chicken and rabbits! (RIP)


FABRIC
and also clothing, but what are clothes without fabric? Come on.
Talk about the perfect location to play hide and seek, drapes hanging from the ceiling all around us. Not to brag, but I got lost in there for a good ten minutes. 

BLING BLING
Cha-ching cha-ching
And there's something for everyone
I need it!!!

RUGS
Turns out Angèle's mom is a real carpetaholic.
All right guys, brace yourselves. Saved the best for last:

YEEZY BOOST
Bow down
"Those aren't even real." Shhhh get out of here, nonbeliever. They're beautiful and we each got a pair. Black, white, and grey #squadgoals
We tuck them in bed and kiss them good night because praise Yeezy.

The Bazaar holds many, many more treasures and goodies. For example, the delicious and ever-so addictive gazos. Little Kurdish pastries sent from Heaven. Make sure to befriend me when I return as I am bringing some back and you do not want to miss out on this. 
(Yes, repeating the same GIF because Yeezy and gazos are both my precious)

So besides food, clothing, toys, electronics, antiques, decorations, pets, jewelry, etc. the Bazaar is the home of a special tea house. The Peshmerga Cafe!  

To reiterate, Peshmerga is the military force in Kurdistan, a grand history and legacy of valiant fighters who risk and sacrifice their lives for Kurdistan. They resisted the Saddam regime and now combat ISIS and other terrorist threats. 
SO. MUCH. BAD. ASS. NESS.
Look at that, they even have a Facebook page. 

The Peshmerga Cafe hosts current fighters, retired ones, and even random visitors (yours truly). They gather to play dominoes, drink tea, and chat. The walls are covered with portraits of important Peshmerga soldiers.
Good thing I brought my multi-color fanny pack with me. Could not have blended in any better. Keeping it nonchalant with the homie Mohammed.

Grand day at the Bazaar, hit me up if you need me to bring you back sneakers! Lol just kidding. Get them yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. lol dude i can't with your gifs!! HAHA omg the yeezys!!! the bazaar!!! << i love that and it reminds me of neopets

    ReplyDelete